With ULTRA Series® gas production plants, AMCS supplies metal producers with the on-demand means to generate the industrial gases necessary to keep production furnaces operating. AMCS technology can help increase efficiency throughout the entire metal production process.
- Electric arc furnaces
- Basic oxygen furnaces
- Stainless steel making foundries
- Nitrogen , specific to Inerting and Purging in the Metal Production arena, is used to:
- activate shutoff switches in furnaces and burners
- discharge gas and slag by bubbling through porous bed stones or lances
- in nozzle atomization to spray metal melts and gain high quality metal powers
- sinter metallurgical powers under shielding gas
- Nitrogen , specific to Cooling, Preserving and Deep Freezing in the Metal Production arena, is used for:
- Temper and harden metal parts through high pressure (HP) gas quenching after annealing furnaces
- embrittle knock off lugs and cast iron
- remover residual austenite in hardened steel parts using cooling baths
- Oxygen, specific to combustion and chemical oxidation by replacing air in the Metal Production arena, is used to:
- Refine pig iron in converters
- Melting, refining and alloying with Oxygen lances in electrical arc furnaces
- Increase burner and furnace performance for
- Blast furnaces
- Aluminum or Copper furnaces
- Argon, specific to low reactive gases, high inert capability, thermal conductivity and solubility in water and oils in the Metal Production arena, is used to:
- Feed powered alloy components into steel and other metal melts
- Atomise molten metals with high-pressure jets for producing high-quality metal powders
- Anneal stainless steal
- Prevent oxidation of hot, light metal alloys
To learn more about AMCS ULTRA-N Series Nitrogen Plants click here.
To learn more about AMCS ULTRA-O Series Oxygen Plants click here.
To learn more about AMCS ULTRA-A Series ASU Plants click here.
To learn more about AMCS ULTRA Series® Plants click here.